Thursday, March 6, 2014

Welcome!


My first set of classroom iPads - 1st Grade 
April 12, 2012
Over the last four years, I have had the opportunity to work in D100 with 1:1 iPads. Currently, I am one of five iCoaches in the district but I started out as a classroom teacher. The first three years with first grade and the first half of this school year piloting iPads with 4th grade. As an iCoach, I am in even more 1:1 iPad classrooms seeing amazing things happening across grade levels!


I know that as a classroom teacher, researching apps is a daunting task and can often be overwhelming. In fact I was (and still am!) always in search of 'go-to' sites where I could discover new apps. While there are multiple sites that I do love (I will be sure to share later), I always found that there was one thing missing: Seeing the app in action!
Also, have you ever wanted to go back and access something in the 'Tech Tuesday' emails you receive weekly but have no idea where it is at?
I have two goals for this blog:
  1. Narrowing down apps to utilize in all grade levels + showcase them in action around the district 
  1. Archive 'Tech Tuesday' links
Stay tuned! Can't wait to share.







If you find something on here you would love to learn more about or an app that you want to contribute, please feel free to contact me and I would love to collaborate with you.