- What are the top sessions you learned from attending/presenting?
- Design Thinking Workshop with +Jen Lehotsky - pushed my own thinking!
- Apple Playground - SMART D100 with +Shannon Soger - enjoyed learning from all Apple Distinguished Programs and Educators on how to leverage our tools to create, collaborate, connect, and critically think!
- Life as a Coach with +Megan Ryder - connecting with a like-minded coach!
- What are the top sessions/topics that you would like to take back to your campus to impact change?
- Life as a Coach with +Megan Ryder - her real life examples, experiences, tips and tricks really made an impact with me. I loved all of her ideas on how to build relationships and she reminded us as coaches that building the relationships is the most important part of our job!
- What are the top sessions/topics that challenged your beliefs?
- Science of Innovation with +Shawn McCusker - he allowed us to begin to think of Innovation as a way to build something together.
- Who was someone you connected with that impacted you?
- The Orland District 135 coaches! They have challenged my thinking since day 1 of connecting with them this last year. They have brought over 40 people from their district to come learn with +Berwyn South District 100 and we are so grateful for the learning opportunities that have come out of this partnership. They have learned alongside us - thank you Chris Bohula, Kristin Beeler, Lindsey Zilly and of course our former Michelle Thorne!
- Who are the top people that engaged you?
- Jason and Jessie from Killdeer were such great duo to chat with. Not only did I have the chance to learn with them at our design thinking workshop but I also had the chance to see how they used Schoology to drive their professional development! Thank you for learning with me!
- What are the top resources you found most impactful?
- Barrington 220 inspired me with their TPACK Student teams! This is something I am going to try with our iSWATBSD teams.
- What are the top pieces of research or studies you feel are most impactful for our students and/or teachers?
- In the keynote, Eric Sheninger noted that flexible seating environments can positively impact student learning by 25%!
- How will I share my new discoveries from this event with my staff?
- I will share this information in three different ways.
- Coaching - using Megan's presentation as inspiration from coaching
- Supporting 1:1 decisions - using the studies shared by Eric Sheninger and Shawn McCusker to drive conversations with research.
- +iEngage Berwyn support - connecting with people across the state to create learning opportunities +Berwyn South District 100 and help to create flexible learning Makerspace with +Justine Coalson +Cara Gabriel and +Justin Gonzalez for the event!
I challenge YOU +Annie Forest +Jen Lehotsky +Ramona Towner to share your reviews of #ICE17 on your blogs!
Thanks, +Carl Hooker Lisa Johnson @TechChef4U and for the list to help me synthesize the learning at #ICE17!
Questions borrowed from: https://hookedoninnovation.com/2017/03/02/sxswedu-2017-manifesto/